Thursday, May 6, 2010

Change

I'm writing this here to link it to facebook because facebook only allows 420 characters for a status update...and this one will probably be a bit longer.
At the end of June/beginning of July, the information on the side of this blog and the information on the information page on facebook will change. In January I received a call from one of the elders of Garland St. Church of Christ in Plainview, TX. They were looking for a preacher. I quickly told him, "I am not looking for a preaching job." For reasons that I cannot explain, the questions that he asked me and my quick statement that I wasn't looking for a preaching job bothered me. So the next day I wrote a letter to the elders in Plainview saying that I wasn't looking for a preaching job, but if they wanted to look at me they could - because if God was leading us to Plainview, I didn't want to go against what God was leading.
To make a long story shorter, on Monday night of this week the elders called and offered the job and my family has accepted their invitation. We are looking at being in Plainview by July 1st.
So, the things you read in the near future will have to do (I would imagine) with change and moving and saying goodbyes and things like that - if there is time to write. I ask that you keep the church here in Abernathy in your prayers as well as Garland St. and my family.

7 comments:

  1. Proud for you ... and DON'T make me the bad guy in Abernathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We are looking forward to you joining us here in P-ville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trey - only good things about you here in Abernathy. (Except at my house...as I've explained to you previously...)

    Clint - Thanks. We are looking forward to getting past the moving stage...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray that God will have great things in store for us here at GSCOC and Abernathy - and that you and your family will soon feel at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Steve. I know the folks in Abernathy will miss you and Angie and your kids. I admire your willingness to follow God's leading in this decision. You're a true kingdom person,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa - thanks. I've told the elders that we plan on being family - so we're just going to act like we're at home.

    Larry - thanks for the kind words. We are striving to be kingdom people - lose sight at times, but that is our goal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. I know you and your family will be a blessing wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete